Sunday, June 12, 2005

"I Want To Get Into Production"

im trying yo get into production

Are you talking about any particular type?  Music?  Commercial?

When I was a DJ at a local gospel station I was the producer for a talk show.  I didn't even know that I was a producer until the host had called me his "producer".  So that gave me a good idea of what a producer actually did.

Since you're trying to get in production you could apply to places where this type of work is done like radio/tv stations.  As a matter of fact I saved this article about a guy who wanted to get into production.  He didn't have any experience only desire.  He kept knocking on door after door and his money was starting to run out but he kept at it and he finally got hired somewhere.  He did his production job and he made sure that he did it well and that led to another production job and another and another.......

You should also take a good look at the programs that you already have on your computer.  With the Internet you can have your own radio station you know.  I have one (its down right now) and so do a lot of other people.

Did you know that a guy won a grammy with an album that he produced entirely on his computer!  If you have a CD-RW you can "produce" your own music which essentially makes you your own production company.

It would help if you were a little bit more specific though.  If you want to go the whole nine yards and be a record producer then I'm curious as to what type of experience that you have now.  Have you done any kind of production work before?

You could be a commercial producer and make commercials as well.

No comments: