Monday, July 02, 2007

Golf?

I just got finished posting on my Grant Basics 101 blog about a grant program for non-profit organizations that help encourage the sport of playing golf. If you don't know it the golfing industry is a billion dollar industry! But it got me to thinking about this blog.

If you have an interest in golf you can turn that into a career too! The most obvious way is to start a blog about your golfing interests. Add Adsense ads to your blog and accept ads from various golf-related advertisers. You can also start your own podcast - just like having your own golf talk show - and add golf-related advertisers. You can supplement this by having an offline newsletter relating to golf and you can have an online version of your offline newsletter - or visa versa!

I want to repeat that the golf industry is a billion dollar industry and if you can tap into that you are well on your way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose.
You draw attention to a valid incentive. People don't often realize that particular sports like golf are BIG business opportunities for people other than only golfers themselves.

One suggestion I would offer for anyone starting a blog and on-line business in a sport is to include discussions about bios and autobios on famous people. Why not also do reviews or interviews? Set your sights high. I recently read Australian golfer Greg Norman's bio "Shark." I was unaware of the many sideline golf businesses in his portfolio. He truly amazes me.

Personally, I'd opt for a driving range or mini golf though. Driving golf carts is also fun!