Friday, June 15, 2007

I Have My Own Podcast Now!

My podcast is very (very) new! I have put up a test message that I called in from my cellphone just to see if it would work and it did! I have also added a few public service announcements. Now I think adding music is going to be tricky because that involves copyrights.

I haven't figured out what the theme of my podcast will be yet. (However I do have my Nailbiter's Message Board Podcast up and ready.

I did have one other post about having a podcast and I have learned a little bit more about them since then. The process seems simple enough. Its providing the content that I am having trouble with - so I'm working on that for now - but enough about me!

As I mentioned in my first post about podcasting, having your very own podcast is like having your very own talk show. I think about the only hindrance you will discover is the ethical "no-no" of playing copyrighted music. But you can have other things on your podcast - most importantly - YOU! You can talk about almost any subject that you want (as long as those subjects fit in with the terms of your hosting site). In essence you can have your very own talk show. You can include commercials and interviews and phone conversations and that is only the beginning.

Basically what you need to have your own podcast is the ability to record your content and then upload it (preferably in mp3 format) to a hosted site. There are some free hosting sites on the internet and all you have to do is use one of the major serch engines to find some of them.

I would give you a link to my other podcast but it just isn't ready yet

No comments: