Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Government Grants for Growing Weed?

Someone actually tried to find out some information about this and here is a few of what I found out about it.

In the past Canada has had a program where those that qualified because of their illness could receive "government" grown weed whether it was the government or a "designated" grower that supplied it.  Some have even received federal exemptions to grow it! 
In the U.S. there were 9 states that allowed limited use of marijuana for medical purposes under the direction of a doctor:

I won't say which state it was but a farmer (in the US) got permission (and a monthly check) to grow marijuana for 17 "legally" ill people.


Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

i luv growing pot for the quailty and the money, it wood b my dream job 2 grow greens 4 the man; i'd show him!

M. Grant said...

Youngsters do not fall under this category. You have to search for the grants availed by the government through a superb data-base. Check if the website offering info about the state grants is updating the news frequently, as the old announcements or barred dates won't help you apply for the grants.

Rose said...

Well it looks as though your dream job just might come true 'cause I just heard on my radio where one state is going to allow the LEGAL use of marijuana so that means that they will need someone to grow it! I'm currently looking more into this and will add my findings to my Grant Basics 101 blog.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Kate Simpson