Monday, May 28, 2007

Is Having A Business Plan Important?

I think that having a business plan is very important. It isn't mandatory but I think that it would be a good idea to have one! Even if you're dream job is to be an actress or a singer I still think that you should have a plan in place.

How much monthly income would be your goal? What amount of money do you spend on expenses on a monthly basis? What about your business identity? Does your business have a logo? These are just a few questions that should be answered and those answers should go directly into your business plan.

Now one of the services that I provide is customized business plans but if you want to do this on your own there are tons of resources on the Internet that will help you with making and creating your own business plan. Some of these websites also offer general business plan templates that you can download and customize to your own business information.

Some people think that business plans are so complicated but it has been my experience that you can start out with a simple line on a blank piece of paper that says "I Want My Business To Be............." and then you go on from there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also assisted people to clarify their own business plans but I also know successful business people who figured things out as they went along. You need a sense of what you desire to do, the willingness to learn and a proactive mindset to seek out mentors and materials that can help you realize your dreams. I find reading stories of successful businesspeople quite inspriational.

Rose said...

What you say is so true! Even though its advised to have a business plan there are so many examples of people who have started their own business without one.

I'm thinking of one guy in particular that I saw on television. He opened his own restuarant even though everyone else around him said that he wasn't ready. While he gave them his ear he continued on and he opened his restaurnat and its still open today!