Monday, April 30, 2007

Finding Your Bliss

Have you ever heard this expression? What it means is to find the thing that makes you happy. What makes you happy? You want to know what makes me happy? It's working on my computer (of course). A good 90% of my job involves working on my computer whether it be online or off. I took this love of being on a computer and turned it into a career for myself. Notice that I didn't say "job" because it is more than just a job to me.

So what is your bliss? You don't know? What is it that you love to do? Do you have a Dream Job?

You may not think that you could turn your dream job into a reality but you would be wrong. And the same thing applies to finding your bliss.

Let's say that you wanted to help those that need help. You may say that you aren't concerned with money but unfortunately you will need money to help you. Think of money as being a tool to be used to help you achieve your bliss. The more money that you make the more you will be able to help people.

There are some people (and I know this because they have emailed me) who don't want to do anything - so they say. They just want to be able to sit on the couch and watch TV. Do you know that you could make a career out of that? For example, if you like watching soap operas then you can turn that into a business. Of course you will have to be careful about copyright infrindgement but you can still make a career out of this. You could even be asked to write for your favorite show! Did you know that one writer of a TV got their job because they had wrote fanfiction and it was noticed and they now write for the show. You could start a newsletter or blog about your favorite show. How would you get paid? Allowing advertisers to advertise on your blog or webpage, having subscribers and charging for membership.....there are a lot of possibilites!

So what is your bliss?

1 comment:

Rose said...

You're most welcomed. And really it should be me thanking you because you're one of the many examples of someone who is turning what they love into a business.

I should mention to whoever reads this that the above artist just got another commission to do another artwork!