Thursday, December 22, 2005

What are my chances of getting a grant?

"~ I would like to know if I were to get you to look for me a grant that would be for a profit trucking company, I would like to know if you can do everything that is required for a grant?  By that I mean, can you do the research, prepare the grant and anything else that is involved with grants?  I work at a job that I rotate shifts on and have very little time off so there for my time is limited.  I would like to know what you think the cost would be for all of this.  ~ I need more than just research done.  If you would let me know and could tell me what my chances are of getting the grant monies that I will need to start a trucking company from the bottom up, then we can talk serious buisness.  I look forward to hearing from you SOON!"

~

First of all your chances of being awarded a grant will depend on how well you adhere to the guidelines, eligibility requirements and the application procedure.  For example if you are applying for one of the entrepreneurial grant programs you will have to show why you think your business idea should be awarded the grant.  No two grant programs will be the same!  Some require as little as a simple "letter of intent" all the way to a complete business plan.

To answer your question the process is simple.  The questions that have been posted have to be answered to get an idea of what kind of grant funding programs have to be found.  This "finding" takes 30 days - every grant funding program that I find that meets with the criteria of the questions that the client has filled out will be noted in the client's file.  This includes every bit of information about the grant program itself including all the contact information.  There is 20 hours worth of research time and 10 hours to gather and compile the information for the client.  The client receives this information lock, stock and barrel and it is theirs.  They read over their file and decide whether or not they can do the application process theirselves or whether they want to hire a grantwriter to do it for them.  The grantwriter can be me or someone else.  But the service is for the information itself - once the client has that then they can decide what to do next - whether it be with me or someone else.  Since the information is wanted so fast the payment that is required will be wanted fast as well.

In your specific case - as with any other - the information is gathered and given to you so that you can go over it and decide for yourself whether or not you want to do the process yourself or have someone else do it for you.  As of December 12, 2005, the basic fee for this is $759.00 and the information on the
payment information page must also be received before a file will be started.

No comments: