Monday, December 20, 2004

"Dreams" and a business plan for them?

So it got me to thinking if a business could be started using one's dreams? Of course the answer is yes but the hard part is specifically how?

Rose

If Victoria's Secret can make a living on the edge of 'clean' then anyone can! My concern with your idea would be how would you go about nailing down a business plan. It seems that the connection between the two would have to be dependant on the specific dream of the person involved which would leave you with a very individualized (& expensive) way of manipulating that dream into some form of reality based business.


A one night dress rental would help your social gathering if partnered with a hair stylist and perhaps a health farm/spa business - get ready in a day for the big event. Classes in seduction, make up, flirting etc might also be possible????

Just some thoughts to add onto your own. Good luck!

Thank you for your email

I'm sorry but I don't agree and I know for a fact that you are wrong. A business plan can be made for any type of career - I should know because that is what I do for a living! The connection between the dream and the business plan would depend on what aspect of the dream that you want to turn into a business.

Using your own example above regarding Victoria's Secret - it has to do with the illusions of romance which is a popular market for women (and men too if it is "spun" right). Remember when it all comes down a business plan is a piece of paper with the plans for your business. Simply writing down a business plan is not expensive at all - all you need is some paper and a pencil. The implementation of the plans need not be expensive (at least at the start). There are examples galore of those that have started their own business with little money. And indeed a lot of people don't have a lot of money to start their own business but what they do have is desire. That is enough to get anybody started. What you lack in money you make up for with your time and effort.

I think the point that you are missing is that there are ways used to advertise, promote and market one's business using as less amount of money as possible. The problem seems to be that people just don't know what those ways are or think that it can't be done. I know for a fact that they can. I use them myself and I include them in the business plans that I create for others.

No comments: