Tuesday, January 17, 2006

How do I get more people to come to my website?

I a have a Website,trying to make money working at home! I am 67 years old,with very little retirement! Looking for knoweledge to get more people to my website,

One of the first things that you should do is to identify/define your target market. Who is most likely to buy your product and why?

You also should realize that a lot of visitors will happen upon a website because they got the link from a search engine. Well, how does your page(s) rank in the search engines? I try to keep my pages at least in the top numbers of rankings and this is something that I do manually as opposed to paying for high(er) rankings. It is something that I do and that has to be done on a continuing basis. You have to realize that new webpages are coming on the Internet everyday and theoretically speaking the more new pages that are added to the Internet everyday the more your page(s) will get bumped down the list of links.

Also you're going to have to analyze the traffic that you are getting now to see how you can go about increasing it - another thing that should be included in your business plan.

No comments: