Sunday, September 02, 2007

My Internet Radio Station - LaMott, PA!

LaMott Radio!

Yesterday I uploaded some new music to my LaMott Radio station and it occurred to me that I haven't "tweaked" my station in a while!

The most recent piece of music was sent to me by the A & R rep of an independent music label. I have a policy that states that all music submitted for review has to be sent via regular mail. That way I can review the material and if the song meets in with the station's format then I will add it to the playlist and all the materials submitted will be kept on file.

I have talked about my internet radio station before and I mentioned all the different ways that one could use their own internet station to help them make money.

Now since my internet station is on Live365.com, I cannot accept commercial advertisements. But I can accept advertising on the station's web page!

I do have a radio station background because I worked as a DJ for many years and I like the thought of having my own Internet Radio station and one of the best reasons for this is that the internet station can be heard from all over the world! That means more listeners and hopefully more of an incentive for more advertisers to advertise!

So far I have gotten a lot of positive responses about the station and its format which is a combination of local news about the area and romantic music.

Now you may be wondering just how hard it would be to have one's own internet station. Probably one of the hardest things is the fact that there is a fee involved. But I do consider this fee an investment. To find out about the fee involved in having your own internet radio station just visit the Live365's website to find out more!

There are many, many people that have their own internet radio station on Live365 and there is a message board where it is discussed about how people are making money with their stations. A lot of their internet radio station income comes from advertisers on the website page of the Internet station. A lot of them do production work for others as well. Some have even had news articles written about their stations and that is good publicity for them and their stations.

I have many more ideas about how I can "monetize" my internet station and I'm going to work on implementing them.

But if this sounds like something that you are interested in then you should definitely check it out!

No comments: